Founders’ Award 2014 - Eve-Marie Lacroix & Diana Rode
This year's award is unique in that for the first time, it is being awarded to two women. We have been very fortunate to have the talents and energy of these two women in advancing AAWGT by helping us build significant infrastructure, taking our technology to a whole new level, assisting us in communicating with our members more effectively, rebranding the AAWGT image with a new and professional look and raising our visibility as thought leaders in the community.
This year’s first awardee’s accomplishments include:
- Serving as AAWGT’s Webmaster since 2009
- Leading the research, selection and implementation of a new online platform for AAWGT—Wild Apricot, which has enabled our continued growth
- Managing the Wild Apricot system by managing member data, facilitating communication with our members and creating an online presence for AAWGT
- Keeping our website fresh and updated; even being on top of everything while on vacation
- Patiently teaching Steering Committee members how to use Wild Apricot to support their work and empowering them with new skills and knowledge.
- Adapting the Wild Apricot system to meet our needs and creating functionality that allows us to remain current and relevant
- Exhibiting a “can-do” attitude that is infectious as well as being patient with all of us who lack her technical skills
This year’s second awardee’s specific accomplishments include:
- Leading the Marketing committee as Chair or Assistant Chair and serving on the Steering Committee for the past four years
- Designing, distributing and archiving every issue of our newsletter since 2010
- Designing, formatting and producing all of our educational session programs for the past five years
- Videotaping four major educational sessions, editing and then positing the video on our website and on the AAWGT YouTube channel that she created
- Organizing, archiving and captioning hundreds of AAWGT event photographs for our online photo gallery
- Supporting the maintenance and enhancement of our website and serving as a member of AAWGT’s IT/Web Team
- Providing technical support to our members on Wild Apricot’s web-hosting systems, our Google Drive archives and the Foundant technologies’ Grant Management System currently being implemented
- Setting an example of being willing to do anything, such as frequently setting up and breaking down seating at various events
At this point, it&squo;s probably no surprise who both of these women are! Both women have worked tirelessly and put in countless hours on behalf of AAWGT—all without fanfare and little public recognition. Words used to describe both women include: tireless, patient, gracious, "“hands on” and leading by example.
It is my honor to announce that the AAWGT 2014 Founders’ Award recipients are Eve-Marie Lacroix and Diana Rode. Unfortunately, neither one of them was able to be here this evening. They have been notified and are deeply honored to receive this award.
— Gloria Martin-Pressman, AAWGT Past President and Chair of the Founders Award Committee, December, 2014