Grant Application Process
Timeline for 2020 Grant Cycle
- Grant applications are available beginning December 2, 2019
- Grant applications are due Friday, January 31, 2020, by 11:59 p.m.
- A Grant Applicants’ Workshop and Software Tutorial will be held on Wednesday, January 8, 2020, at 9:30 a.m. - 11 am at Anne Arundel Community College. See Call for 2020 Grant Applications (in menu at left) for full information. The handout materials that were presented at Workshop can be accessed here after January 8.
- Grant awards announced in mid-May 2020
- Grants are awarded on July 1, 2020 and must be completed by June 30, 2021
Apply Using Our Foundant Software
AAWGT uses grant management software called Foundant. All applicants are required to use this software and are encouraged to take advantage of the variety of training and support resources provided to help applicants get acquainted with the system.
Click on Using the Foundant Software (in menu at left) for instructions on how to apply for a grant using the Foundant software system. If you are not a prior applicant, you must first register your organization on the system. If you have applied in previous years, you may use the same account; do not create a new one.
Tips for Success in Applying for an AAWGT Grant
- Read through the full Grant Proposal Guidelines to make sure your proposal qualifies. Please make sure your organization meets our mission of improving the quality of life of women and families in Anne Arundel County, and that the persons benefited by your grant are located in Anne Arundel County.
- You can see Candid.org (formerly The Foundation Center) for online resources for nonprofits including Grant Space which provides online and live training options at https://grantspace.org/training/courses
- The Edgewater Community Library has a local branch of Candid. There are also books available, both in reference, circulating, and online which provide relevant information. Their resources can be accessed at https://www.aacpl.net/grants.
- Also see Tips for Writing AAWGT Grant Proposals (link in menu at top left).
- Pay attention to the deadlines as there are no exceptions made. Prepare and submit your application online no later than 11:59 pm on Friday, January 31, 2020. No changes may be made to the application after electronic submission.
- Applicants must be IRS 501(c)(3) organizations at the time they apply and when the grant is awarded.
- All organizations must provide a Maryland Charity Registration Number or a copy of their Exempt Organization Fundraising Notice that was filed with the Maryland Secretary of State with their application. See Section by Section Grant Application Guidance (link in menu at top left) for further information.