Grant Proposal Guidelines for 2020
AAWGT’s GRANT PROGRAM supports 501(c)(3) organizations that provide services to improve the quality of life for women and families in Anne Arundel County. See the Grant Program Overview page (in menu at left) for a description of the 2020 Grant Program.
AAWGT gives priority to proposals that:
- Best meet our mission to improve the quality of life for women and families in Anne Arundel County
- Address an important need in the county without duplication of services
- Are financially viable and maximize the impact of AAWGT funds in the community
- Provide evidence of support from and/or experience working with the targeted population
- Engage in effective collaboration/partnerships to maximize impact
- Demonstrate strong organizational capacity
- Describe and deliver measurable outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge of research supporting the program/project
AAWGT does NOT fund:
- Endowments or capital improvements
- Stand-alone event tickets or sponsorships
- Annual drives or fundraising events
- Registration and/or fees for non-program banquets, receptions or out-of-town conferences
- Purchase or lease of vehicles
- Housing development
- Political activities/lobbying
- Sectarian religious activities
- Organizations that discriminate by race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability or national origin
Frequency of Application
Current grantees may apply for new programs or for programs currently funded. If you are applying for a current program, the application will only be considered if the current program has demonstrated substantial progress toward success by the Jan 31 grant application due date. Funding for an organization is limited to three consecutive grant cycles after which the organization becomes ineligible for the following two grant cycles. Organizations may submit only one application during any grant cycle year.
The Decision-Making Process
Beginning in February, teams of AAWGT members evaluate all grant applications against established criteria in a process that includes appropriate follow-up. After a series of meetings to discuss initial evaluations, the outstanding proposals are selected and placed on a ballot that is presented to all AAWGT members at a voting meeting in May.
Opportunity for Debriefing
AAWGT will provide a debrief conference call to any applicant not on the final ballot after grant awards have been announced in mid-May. If desired, an applicant shall request a debriefing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 31, 2020. Please include a phone number in your email.
GRANT AWARDS are ANNOUNCED in MID-MAY